- Lifelong resident of Fishkill.
- Has worked for the Fishkill Highway Department for 58 years, since 1961.
- Highway Superintendent since 1970.
- Fmr. President of the Dutchess County Highway Superintendents.
- Fmr. Chief of The Village of Fishkill Protection Engine Co, elected twice.
- Part time Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff since 1963.
- Promoted to Sergeant while serving with the Fishkill Village Police Department.
- Dedicated family man, married to Gena over 20 years and father to Eddye .
- Life long Hudson Valley resident.
- Local business owner/operator over 30 years.
- Chaired Beacon Economic Development for 9 years, our work was instrumental in the city’s turnaround.
- Fmr. Chairman of the board of directors of the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Served the past 5 years as a dedicated council member in town during which, through teamwork, hard choices and good decisions, the complete financial turnaround of the town occurred.
- Graduated from Marist College with a B.A. in Political Science and Dutchess Community College with an A.S. in Science.
- Graduated from Seton Hall School of Law in 1998 with a Juris Doctor degree.
- Admitted to practice law in New York, New Jersey, Southern District of New York, District of New Jersey, Second Circuit Court of Appeals and Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Practicing attorney with more than 20 years of experience in a broad array of legal matters including but not limited to litigation, municipal and transactional areas.
- Core competencies include: All stages of litigation including Trials and Appeals, Business Development, Municipal Law, Regulatory Compliance, Government Relations, Corporate Law & Contracts, Real Estate (commercial and residential), Bankruptcy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Employment, Family Law, Corporate Finance, Probate and Estate Litigation and Corporate Litigation.
- Certified Court mediator in New Jersey Courts.
- Established legal precedent In Re Central Park Estates, LLC 485 B.R. 72, 2013.
- Served as Counsel for Town, Planning and Zoning Board of Appeals for Towns of Wallkill, Montgomery and Walden, New York.
- Served as Prosecuting Attorney for the Village of New Paltz, New York.
- Member of the Board of Directors and Legal Counsel to The Italian Center, Poughkeepsie, New York.
- Currently a Councilman on Town Board for the Town of Fishkill.
- Lifelong resident of Dutchess County and third generation of my Family to live in Fishkill.
- Graduated from University of Rhode Island in 1969 with a B.A. degree in Psychology.
- Graduated from Albany Law School in 1972 with a Juris Doctor degree.
- Admitted to practice law in New York in 1973.
- Admitted to practice law before the Federal District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of New York.
- Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
- Practicing attorney in Beacon since 1973.
- Town Justice Town of Fishkill for past 16 years.
- Former Town Justice Town of Poughkeepsie.
- Deputy Dutchess County Public Defender for 7 years.
- Lifelong resident of Dutchess County.
- Born and raised in the Town of Poughkeepsie.
- Resident of Fishkill for 17 years.
- Attended Our Lady Of Lourdes, Niagara University, and Toledo Law School.
- Fishkill town Judge since 2011.
- Admitted to the NYS Bar Association in 1973.
- 45 Years Experience in Criminal, Civil Litigation, Eviction Proceedings, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, Corporate, Partnership, Wills, Trusts & Estates, Business Law, Bankruptcy, Matrimonial, Elder Law, and as a Closing attorney for numerous banks.
- Board Member of the Dutchess County Girl Scouts.
- Fmr. member of the Town of Fishkill Planning Board.
- Fmr. member Parish Council Person for St. Mary’s Church.
- Fmr. member of Dutchess County Republican Committee & Town of Fishkill Republican Committee.
- Fmr. Board Member and current attorney for thePolish American Citizens Club.
- Member of Rogers Point Boating Association.
- Member and former President of the Dutchess County Magistrates Association.
- Member of the New York State Magistrates Association.
Practicing Attorney since 1996
- Admitted to the NYS and Connecticut bars.
- Admitted to Federal Court for both Southern and Eastern Districts of NY.
- Admitted to U.S. Tax Court.
- Admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Alternate Delegate to House of Delegates of the NYS Bar Association.
- Fishkill Business Assoc.
- Westchester Women’s Bar Assoc.
- Dutchess County Bar Assoc.
- Mid-Hudson Women’s Bar Assoc.
- NYS Bar Assoc.
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity.
- Community Involvement.
- Fishkill Resident since ’01.
- Fishkill Girl Scout Leader from ’01-’14.
- PTA Member.
- Dutchess County Pro Bono Local Action Committee Volunteer Attorney Program.
- Pace University Alumni-Student Mentoring Program.
- Judicial Campaigns ’09 ’10 ’11 ’14.
Related Experience & Training
- Adoption, Appeals, Business, Collections, Criminal, Real Estate, Small Claims, Traffic, Wills/Trusts/Estates.
- Collaborative Divorce, Mediation, and Yearly CLE & AFC Training.
- Lifelong resident of Southern Dutchess County.
- Fishkill Town Board Member since 2014.
- Former Member of the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Local Business Owner.
- Community Volunteer.
- An active member of the local community, he has served on the board of directors for many local non-profit and civic organizations such as the Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum, Dutchess County Regional & Greater Southern Dutchess Chambers of Commerce, Exchange Club of Southern Dutchess, BSA Hudson Valley, American Cancer Society, and more. He’s been the recipient of several awards including the Hudson Valley Top 40 Under 40, Community Advocate Award, and Next Generation Award.
- Doug is a member of St. Mary, Mother of the Church in Fishkill, the Town of Fishkill Republican Committee, and Knights of Columbus.
- In 2013, he was elected Town Councilman in Fishkill and began his first term in 2014. He was re-elected to a second term in 2017.
- He and his wife Stephanie reside in Fishkill with their daughter, Madelyn and son, Nolan.
Dutchess County Executive
Dutchess County District Attorney
Dutchess County Clerk
Dutchess County Sheriff